Are you in a fix with your makeup and looking for a solution — and fast?
These genius beauty hacks will help you out! At Sunshyne Crimes we just love to look for easier ways to perfect makeup and get out the door quicker in the morning. Who wants to spend all day grappling with their mascara or trying to perfect that third coat of lippie?
Here’s our top ten favorite tips for Tuesday for a quick beauty fix!
1. Number one is a tip that has stood the test of time- hot eyelash curling for a quicker way to make your lashes look fab. Heat up your eyelash curler with a blow dryer for a few seconds before curling your lashes to give them extra holding power. The heat helps your lashes curl much easier. Hold the tool under your blow dryer on a warm setting for a count of three to four seconds. Tap it lightly with a finger first, before applying to your lashes, to ensure it isn’t too hot.
2. Looking for a way to make your bright eyeshadow stand out and last longer? Try a white eyeliner or a white primer as an eyelid base to give your pigment extra oomph and staying power- it will create an opaque base so that the colour on top really sings.
3. If you’re in a hurry, travelling or have run out of blusher, your lippie can double up as a cream blush. Swipe some color onto the back of your hand first, then use your index finger to apply lightly to the apples of your cheeks. This works best with creamy sheer colours, don’t try it with matte or long- lasting lipsticks, as they will provide too much pigment that may not come off easily if you go overboard!
4. If you’re anything like me, you may be a little clumsy and have probably dropped a compact or two in your life, resulting in smashed product everywhere! Not a fun time. If this happens to you, depending on how much damage is sustained, it may be able to be fixed! Gather up any loose shards and put them back int he container (proving they haven’t dropped on the floor- then you’ll have to throw the loose product out). Try spraying/ pouring a small amount of pure alcohol on top of the pigment. Swirl the liquid and the powder together with a cotton swab until you get a clay-like consistency. Then, let it dry flat overnight, and whammo, it’ll be like new. The alcohol will dissolve the loose pigment and it will mix together and set. Awesome.
5. Here’s an easy way to make your lipstick last that much longer– apply your lippie as normal (pencil first, then apply your colour over the top with a brush). Then hold a tissue over your lips and lightly dust translucent powder over the tissue. Reapply another coat of lippie and you’re good to go. The powder will make the first coat set and give you a strong foundation of pigment.
6. Messy eyeliner incident? Clean up the wings of your cat eye with a cotton tip and a dab of concealer. This will help remove any unwanted excess and cover up the mistake at the same time. For a bigger mistake try a little dab of eye makeup remover on the cotton tip first, then try a dab of concealer. Cotton tips are good for precision!
7. Do you struggle with old products in your kit, or you just don’t know when to ditch that mascara or lippie? Out of date cosmetics not only don’t work as well but can also start to harbor bacteria which can make the product go off’ and could potentially make you sick or give you an infection! ewww. A solution? When you first open a new product, write the date on it with a permanent marker. That way, you’ll always know when it will expire.
8. Probably one of my personal faves is this clever and simple eyebrow tip. Control unruly eyebrows by spritzing hairspray onto an old toothbrush or clean mascara wand and gently brushing through your brows. It will help them stay in place that much better and enable you to get a great, even shape when filling in with powder or pencil.
9. A handy tip for false eyelashes- for a perfect application, lightly bend the eyelash inwards for a few seconds to give it a better shape that will hug your eyelid better. Apply a clear adhesive to the line of false lashes with the tip of a bobby pin to avoid getting any excess glue on your eyes. Look down slightly as you dab the lash to your lashline and use a paid of rubber tip tweezers to secure in place to avoid getting glue on your fingers- the biggest reason why people struggle with falsies!
10. For the ultimate in lipstick precision, apply with a concealer brush for a more even application. Its flatter end means it will glide over your lips better than a pointy small brush which will poke and drag.
Be sure to let me know if you found these helpful in the comments. I’d love to hear your beauty tips too, if you have a makeup hack you’d like to share please do, we’re always on the lookout for better ways to do things at Sunshyne Crimes!
x Danee Sunshyne