My latest look of the week from 10th October 2013, featuring a variety of looks with the focus on the lips! I used a bright neon tangerine, a bright electric fuchsia pink, classic bright ruby red and a gorgeous dark mauve purple in a series of looks to put the focus on the smackeroos.
The key to this look is a flawless base, neutral classic eye, and a well defined, groomed brow to create a great canvas for those lips to ignite from!
Some of my top tips for a great bold lip are:
* ALWAYS exfoliate prior with a soft toothbrush and some lip balm, or a good finely granulated lip scrub, to get rid of any dry skin- the number one lipstick killer!
* Be sure to line your lips with a matching pencil to prevent the colour from bleeding, before filling in slowly and carefully with your pigment of choice, carefully pressing it in and layering it as you go. Be sure to pick a nice quality, creamy matte lipstick with lots of pigment for the best colour payoff and longest lasting results.
* For extra precision, use a fine lining or concealer brush to gently line and blend a creamy concealer all the way around the edges of the lips to stop that colour from moving. Use a cotton tip dipped in makeup remover to gently remove any mistakes or correct any stray lines or colour.
* If you’re planning on taking those lips out on the town, ensure you blot and powder the first coat of lippie to ‘set’ the colour, before re-applying with your brush.
* You could also use a lipstick sealer if you wish to set the lipstick in place.
Which look is your favourite?